Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Almost done with storm #2...

Looks like we are about done here in Ohio.  Tomorrow we have a couple claims first thing in Dayton and then 4 up in Cleveland in the afternoon. 


My laptop died last week - blue screen and all - not good, but.... Dan got me a new Mac Book Pro as a 'bonus', so I'm back up and running! (Except for all of my pictures and music - still working on getting those off the dead dell).  


We took last weekend off and played in Ohio.  One of Dan's 'adjuster buddies', Daniel Malone, was here adjusting as well, so we went to dinner with him on friday night and then went and saw Fast Five - pretty much what you would expect from another fast and furious movie! On Saturday we went to a small, hippy town and ran through the forrest, then chilled in the park with some stir fry from the street fair, and listened to a live band. On Sunday we went to church in Cinci and then bought my new mac! :) After shopping, we went to another awesome little town and met up with 'Biker Bob'. We rented mountain bikes and followed Bob through the trees. It was my first time mountain biking and I absolutely loved every part of it.  I could use some practice - definitely not naturally a 'pro', but it was a phenomenal first experience and I can't wait to go again! Dan is really good, and dangerous, of course; it was fun to watch him doing something he loves so much.


We went to a vemma event last night near Columbus. It was really good to spend time with some of Dan's leaders and connect with some new people.


That's about all I really have to report. Thursday we might be going to the Brad Paisley/Dierks Bentley/Jerrod Niemann concert in Cinci - my fingers are crossed! :) Friday we head to Chicago for the weekend for a few Vemma events. On Monday or Tuesday we are going to start driving from Chicago to Denver.  We will be in Denver for almost a week (tough mudder adventure race), and then we are driving from Denver up to Portland for the 4th!


I'm bummed to be missing Father's Day with my dad AND my parent's 30th wedding anniversary this coming Sunday, but the good news is that Ma and Pa Peppers are meeting us in Portland the weekend before the 4th, so we can celebrate again then!


Oh, and if you are wondering what next... we're not really sure!  No more storms right now, so we're going to play and work vemma until something else comes up. Not HOPING for hurricanes or anything... but if one happens to hit, we might go help clean up! Just sayin...


Miss you all! xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment