Tuesday, September 27, 2011

On the Road Again...

We are done with the Jersey Shore... I mean Storm! Ha. :)

The work was good, the people were interesting, and we had a great time jumping over to NYC a couple times! Last Friday we went into the City and met up with some of Dan's buddies as well as his sister Karla and her boyfriend Jamie. It was a great night (into the early morning) out. On Saturday Dan got us tickets to a show on Broadway! We saw "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying". The play was phenomenal. The leading character was Daniel Radcliffe - the Harry Potter kid! After the play we went on a fun stroll down 5th Ave - mostly window shopping. Dan bought me a new watch for my birthday... it's big and silver and chunky... I LOVE it! Then we hit the road back to CO. 

Dan surprised me with a pit stop at Cedar Point Amusement Park in Sandusky, OH for my birthday! I love, love, love roller coasters and Cedar Point has the most in the world. We were incredibly lucky... 2 for 1 tickets since it was my birthday (or maybe cause Dan is such a sweet talker), hardly any lines, and perfect weather. There are like 30 roller coasters and we made a pretty big dent by riding about 20 rides - a couple of the top coaster more than once! I can't pick a favorite... it's a toss up between millenium (the #1 roller coater in the world), dragster (the second tallest and third fastest in the world), and the maverick (it has a 95 degree drop).



Dan also gave me (26) $1 scratcher tickets... which turned into $21 dollars, but we forgot to cash in before leaving OH. :( 

It was such a perfect birthday!

We are currently approaching Brush, CO. Looking forward to seeing the Swintz/Bruecker crew for a day and then heading to AZ. Can't wait to see all my family and my super preggers sister!

Peace out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment